Thursday, October 20, 2011

Life Drawing























Every once in a while I like to get back to that first love, life drawing. It feels good to exercise those muscles that get a little rusty. This time I wanted to try something new with white on grey, let the paper do some of the midtone work.

It turned out so badly after the first ten minutes, that the only thing I could do was work another hour in embarrassed silence. It started out looking like I should float in a dreamcatcher and a wolf with some frosty mountains, or airbrush it on the side of a van.

I realized that I really needed some charcoal to balance to white. Turned out that adding just a little rust colored pastel didn't hurt either.

1 comment:

  1. I like it very much! Gray paper with white look great,and you are so right about adding some rust colored pastel and charcoal to balance to white. Life drawing is something that I need to do more with! I am not very good at it at all,but practice makes perfect!!! ^___^

    ReplyDelete