Thursday, March 19, 2020

In our house, we have different sort of brains. Call them spectrumy, neurodiverse, different, awesome, surprising, refreshing or some kind of wonderful. All true.

I am often reminded by those in the therapy world that schedule is key. That there are people in my house that thrive on schedule.

It’s true. They don’t like their schedule messed with. THEIR schedule being the operative word. When schedules are messed with we can end up with a very sad jelly lump that won’t get out of bed and get dressed for days and days. We end up stuck.

All this to say that sometimes we get stuck when we don’t know what to do next.

I have been thinking a lot about drawing for the last few years. Because I love it. I love how every single kid loves to draw, and I am sad when they get old enough to be ashamed of and start to question their own drawings.

IN FACT I HAVE WRITTEN A BOOK ABOUT IT AND IT IS COMING OUT THIS FALL!!!!!!

SO I have made a few “How to Draw” GUIDLINES. Merely as a jumping off point. To get anyone who needs a push to get unstuck. Anyone who has a “but I can’t” stuck in their throat.

And who does not love to draw a bear? No one. Bears are the best.
#howtodrawbear
#howtodraw
#drawingclass
#amyjunebates
#getunstuck











 





No comments:

Post a Comment