Monday, March 23, 2020

Draw a Horse

If you have kids or are around kids or sit next to kids or observe kids from a distance, at some point they are going to ask you to draw them a horse.  That is just how it is.
I am not going to lie to you. Horses are not easy. They are beautiful complex creatures and it is going to take a little effort. And remember if at first you don’t succeed, try doing it the way I told you the first time.

While you are putting in the effort, I’ll tell you about going backpacking. Well, we went backpacking, and it was pretty- we had almost a 360 degree view. We had a big fire, and it was cold in the middle of the night. We woke up with a thin layer of ice on the sleeping bags. The morning was sunny and the sun warmed things up. The campsite we found was right on level with the turkey vultures that were making circles around us.

Are you done?
If you draw this for a child, they are going to ask you why you didn’t draw the whole body. Because you can never win. But we’ll die trying.

I love drawing. I wrote a book about my favorite subject. It is coming out this fall, and it’s called:
“When I Draw a Panda”

This horse is for Izzy and Jade. Those girls love horses.
#drawahorse
#howtodrawahorse
#horsesarehardtodraw
#amyjunebates
#howtodraw
#whenidrawapanda
@barrettfamily85
@johntedbarrett
@simonkids










No comments:

Post a Comment