Saturday, March 24, 2012

A Rainy Saturday and Bunny Paints











































I used to work in an office doing educational software type things. I was lucky enough to work with some great people like Guy Francis, Jim Madsen, Hala Wittwer and Maryn Roos. I remember we were talking about weather it is worth it to buy expensive paints and paper and brushes, or if it is really a matter of talent period. Do you need the special Bob Ross brush to paint foliage?

I don't really know the answer

Today was a great rainy do nothing day. The kids have been wanting to paint, so we did. I did these 2 minute head studies with cheap-o Crayola bunny paints and crappy brushes on 11x17 printer paper.

Ok I will say this, confidence is the best thing you can spend your money on. There is something so refreshing about breaking out of the mold not agonizing or noodling a drawing. Just laying it down in 2 minutes flat.

(Not that these are genius or that I prove the rule....ach I don't know what I am saying. Just have fun.)

4 comments:

  1. LOVE!! I so agree...confidence is SO important...and HAVE FUN!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE the bunny paints! Amy, keep on being awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes to fun!

    Huy Guy! YOU keep on being awesome with your bunny paints. Just don't call the tangent police on me.

    ReplyDelete