Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Rapunzel






Usually my side projects don't make it past the drawing out and making a huge mess stage. Case in Point: Juniper, my daughter, and I had a great idea to make a giant tree out of cardboard and put it up against the wall of our kitchen. We were going to make it big and beautiful and hang cards and ornaments and snowflakes and birds and owls and leaves all over it. It was all we could think about and we drew pictures and dreamed dreams. We got out all the cardboard scraps which covered the kitchen floor. We drew it all out and started cutting. Within a couple of minutes both of us lost complete interest at the exact time and went and played dolls.

THis time though I finished what I started. When I was little my Grandma painted a pillow with Rapunzel on it like this one with yarn for hair so that I could learn to braid. I loved it! Anyway this one is for Juniper. Merry Christmas little girl that I love!






4 comments:

  1. What an awesome idea and perfect Christmas present! I will remember this for when I have a little girl (hopefully) someday. :) Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Amy!

    Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to your and your family!

    I hope your New Year will be filled with joy!! Thanks for all the beautiful pics in 2010...and I'll be back in 2011 for new ones :O)

    Christmas wishes,
    Mette

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww! What a priceless gift and an amazing idea to help teach a child how to braid!! I would have played with this for hours as a child...I always had a thing for looong hair since mine was always cut short.

    Merry Christmas Amy to you and your precious family!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the lovely Christmas wishes- hope your holidays were classic!
    happy new year!
    amy

    ReplyDelete